Flowers

I need major HELP with my flowers

Ok so here is the issue.... First off I am getting married June 3 2011 ( yay) Our " theme if you wanna call it that is Old hollywood but still todays time as well.... Our colors are Tiffany blue and black... I want the girls and the guys to have peacock fethers in thier flowers.. My dress is a light Ivry and I have NOT a clue what flowers will go! I dont like rosses other than that Im fine just not sure on what kind or color of flowers to use in theirs or mine...

we are going to meet with the florist for the last time to pick out the flowers for everything in 3 weeks and Im still stuck with NO ideas ...

If anyone can help me that would be great! thanks a bunch

Re: I need major HELP with my flowers

• kmfloralkmfloral member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! What about using callas and/or dendrobium or cymbidium orchids.
    Your florist should also be able to make suggestions for you but here is a recent wedding that she used tiffany blue and purple and ivory. Just an idea and I hope it helps!
    Happy planning!

Kate

White callas, and teal/blue orchids

Fun cake with colors!

Bouquet with ivory and accents of color

Simple for cocktail tables

• flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In my opinion there is not one reason that you should have to be picking out flowers and doing a final meeting with your florist this far out from your wedding. In my shop I would not want to see you until mid march or april. AND your florist should be guiding you and giving you ideas of flowers that are available. You should NOT have to be making the choices,they should give you options.You should not feel so stressed about this ......that's my opinion
  • kmfloralkmfloral member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally agreed! Flower diva is totally right :-)
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_need-major-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:c5a977e6-bbf2-48c8-94a8-7f8ed7e0ba44Post:0ed31a89-287f-4e49-ad49-146b44df5d52">Re: I need major HELP with my flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my opinion there is not one reason that you should have to be picking out flowers and doing a final meeting with your florist this far out from your wedding. In my shop I would not want to see you until mid march or april. AND your florist should be guiding you and giving you ideas of flowers that are available. You should NOT have to be making the choices,they should give you options.You should not feel so stressed about this ......that's my opinion
    Posted by flower_diva[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.  I've met with the florist and she's clear on the vibe we want for my bouquet, the gentlemen's bouts and the canopy.  We're not sitting down again until the spring.  Eeek!  I cannot imagine making final floral decisions now for a July wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards