Flowers

DIY flowers?

I'm not having a bridal party, and since we are Orthodox Christian, I know that during the actual ceremony I will only hold the bouquet for a few minutes (we will hold candles, have our hands joined, etc). So I would like a small bouquet, basically just for photos and tossing at the reception (maybe). I'm pretty crafty and actually made my prom date's bout. in high school. In addition to my bouquet, I would need 3 corsages and 3 bouts (moms, one grandma, dads, and groom). Anyone who has made their own bouquet, corsages, boutineers? Do you think this is too much stress? Do you have any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Re: DIY flowers?

• If you are only making a few, I don't think it would be very hard.  Do it a day in advance and then store them in the fridge. 

Get some flowers from the grocery store and have a little trial run.  I watched some Youtube videos to get ideas for how to make the bouts and corsages. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I think this would be very do-able for you! We had several more to do than you and it worked out very well, just plan ahead.
    ~May 21,2011~
  • no problem... just practice first so you don't ruin your manicure messig with the bouts the day before your wedding... plenty of videos on utube to copy... 
  • why don't you wear a beautiful wrist bracelet of flowers. wouldn't interfere with your holding the candles.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards