Flowers
Options

Good Price?

I'm in the Chicago area. this is the semi quote I just got on flowers:
Depending on the types of flowers .On average  Bride $150-250, bridesmaids $65-95, boutonnieres $8-9, wristlets $20-30, toss $35

Is this a good price or a run away screaming price?
I'm still deciding between DIY (or do-it with everyone you can rope into helping) or just buying
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good Price?

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It seems pretty average (but leaning towards the higher side) for a big city price.  What type of flowers were you planning on using?  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i know chicago is different that ny, but those prices would be on the cheap side around here. it also highly depends on what flowers you choose though.
  • Options
    katiebeneskatiebenes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    well, I want either roses or Calla Lilies, a little clovers in mine... then roses for the wristlets and boutineers...
    I should've included the list of what  I am getting too:
    David's bridal Marine color dresses, want some red incorporated. (groom in dress blues) no PURE white flowers as I wear an Ivory dress.
    no corsages, wristlets only.
    6 maids, 5 men, 3 fathers, 1 grandfather, 7 grandmas, 2 ushers, 3 mothers... possibility of more needed. bride needs a toss bouquet too.

and yes, it is the big city area. which proves to be expensive even though I am a suburb :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's within normal and reasonable price ranges. 

In an area with a lower cost of living, it would be on the high side, and in an area with a high cost of living, it would be on the lower side of the average range.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds reasonable to me as well. About the same in Florida. Most florist in my area throw in the toss bouquet for free. I used the chair flower decorations for my daughter-in-law. But I did have a designer friend there that took care of it. Easy and you reuse flowers.
  • Options
    S_A_FriedelS_A_Friedel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cala Lillies are on the expensive side anyways to begin with (at least what my florist tells me)
    But those prices are not tooooo bad.  Agree with pp - my florist is doing my toss bouquet for free.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Katie. I just added up your prices for what you detailed, at the higher end because you want calla lillies. Comes out to about $1200 and does not include any additional flowers, for your tables or whatever else you are doing.

If you are the least bit flexible in your design elements, I'd suggest going to an online website to check out prices on wedding packages. Costco.com, fiftyflowers.com, growersbox.com have reasonable prices.

Here is the link to Costco's calla lilly collection: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11203467&whse=BC&topnav=&cat=24845&hierPath=62789*&lang=en-US

There is what they include for $749

• 1 Bridal bouquet
    • 1 Maid of Honor bouquet
    • 4 Brides Maid bouquets
    • 1 Toss Away bouquet
    • 2 Mothers petite hand-tie
    • 12 Corsages
    • 12 Attendant boutonnieres
    • 6 Centerpieces  (vases not included)
    • 10 Rose Petal buds 
    You can also order in bulk, they have a link for that, and you can get calla lillies in bulk, or white calla lillies with red roses. If you have anyone who is a DIY-er, you could get what you want for a lot less.

Some brides feel more comfortable working with a florist, seeing the product first hand, which is understandable. If you are not running away from the cost you were quoted, then do it that way.

Good luck.
  • Options
    spgblaspgbla member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in San Diego and the prices are comparable. She quoted you a very realistic price for your area. That's about what I'm paying here give or take a few dollars and I have flowers like orchids and roses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards