Flowers

Florist Meeting - Advice please!

Hi Ladies,
I'm meeting with a florist on Saturday, I've never actually meet with one, so I don't know what questions are important to ask in regards to the flowers. I know to ask what flowers will be in season during that time. I'm not I guess really girly regarding flowers. I know I want real ones, but which one's in particular I don't really know.

Thanks for the advice!
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Florist Meeting - Advice please!

• edited December 2011
    Be sure to get a detailed contract before you sign anything that includes prices, drop off/set up times and places.  Think of the feel that you want the flowers to have (soft, structured, ruffles, etc.) so that your florist can offer you alternatives if your first choices are going out of your budget.  Most important though, make sure you have an alternate flower for each one you pick in case something happens and your florist cannot get all of the ones that you chose for your wedding day.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • edited December 2011
      Have your budget figured out before you go in as well as the number of bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, centerpieces, altar arrangements and other flowers you want. Let them know what your budget is up front. You don't want to waste your time or their time if they cannot work within your budget (although a good florist should be able to come up with something in all budgets).
      If you have favorite flowers, let them know and they can tell if they are in season or if there is something they can substitute with. For example if you love peonies, they are only in season in late spring, but garden roses have a similar look and are more readily available. Also, have an idea of what colors and style you're looking for (romantic, contemporary, modern, etc.). Take in pictures of flower arrangements you like (even if they're in the wrong color) so they can get an idea of what you like. If you have color swatches, that's even more helpful because you can see how the different flowers work with your colors. 
      Be open minded. The more flexible you are, the farther your budget will go. Let them do their job. That is why you are hiring a pro. 
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

A good vendor will do most of the talking.  If you have pictures of what you have in mind those are good to bring.  I also brought swatches of my colors.  Be upfront about what your budget is.  A good florist should have an understanding of what you are envisioning and be able to offer suggestions to make your vision come to life. 

• flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    your florist should lead you thru the appointment by asking YOU questions. Make sure you have a basic list of flowers you think you will want.  Have a $ figure in mind that you are thinking of as a budget. One thing I really hatre is when someone tells me they have no budgetg and after I spend hours working out a plan..I hear "oh my that's over what we wanted to spend". A good florist is not trying to put you in the poor house.We want you to have beautiful flowers with in your budget. That makes everyone happy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards