Flowers
Options

Flowers and Pricing

Hi!
(I also posted this in my local boards!)
I am looking for input, because I seriously know zilch about flowers! I contacted a florist in the Long Beach Island, NJ area. Here is the quote I was given;
FOR: 1 bridal bouquet, 5 BM bouquets, 9 boutinierres, 3 corsages, 3 sets of 3 long stem roses (For the ceremony) and petals for the FGs.
All for $1,107

Now, I have no idea if this is an AMAZING price or if I am getting screwed... so please... what are your thoughts?

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers and Pricing

• Options
    hmmm...might be a bit expensive.  I have a New york city florist (so one might think that her prices are up there) and she's charging me $740 (not including tax) for everything you mentioned minus the 3 sets of long stem roses and flower petals. But I know that they charge $50 for the rose petals. 

Hope that helps and if that's your first flower proposal definitely keep looking around.  Good Luck!
    weddingcake-1
  • Options
    Thank you, Nancy, for your input.
    My florist mentioned that the price was that high, due to the choice of flowers. I am using hydrangeas, different kinds of roses and stephanotis (sp?).
    But then in the next sentence, she said that the price is lower than her usual prices because I am a smaller person (5'2''), so all of the bouquets are scaled down.

I'm so confused!! Undecided
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The stephanotis is your price key... that will add at least $50 to your bouquet... each has to be wired pinned and taped.. and in my opinion totally worth it for the beautiful scent... 
    By Boston standards that seems like a fairly average pricing structure... 

A skilled florist knows what to do about making hydrangeas hold up better... Conditioning, and quality of the blooms make a big difference... Dutch grown are best and probably another reason for the pricing.  There are also mechanics to support the blooms from underneath that an experienced florist will know and use. 

• Options
    I wanted to post the same question. I'm in CT and I got a quote for a bride bouquet, 5 BMs; 5 Boutinerres; 4 Corsages and 25 centerpieces (they are small and simple basically just a vase of flowers) for $1317. I'm using seasonal fall flowers and leaving out roses. Does this sound reasonable? I still have to add in 2 arrangements for the altar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_flowers-pricing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:d59f830e-070c-4d22-89c2-c61082a2b80cPost:012f1ab2-37b3-4d01-8c29-4541d85c9ce2">Re: Flowers and Pricing</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wanted to post the same question. I'm in CT and I got a quote for a bride bouquet, 5 BMs; 5 Boutinerres; 4 Corsages and 25 centerpieces (they are small and simple basically just a vase of flowers) for $1317. I'm using seasonal fall flowers and leaving out roses. Does this sound reasonable? I still have to add in 2 arrangements for the altar.
    Posted by junebug19[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a steal!  I must have picked  a really expensive florist because everyone seems to be way lower than I am.  My wedding party flowers alone cost $1142.  If you add the rest of the ceremony flowers its $2567.  I will say though, that some of these arrangements will be moved into the reception area, so they wont go to waste after the ceremony.
  • Options
    P.S. - My bridal party flowers include a brooch bouquet for me, 4 BM bouquets, FG basket, 4 corsages, and 11 boutinierres.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards