Flowers
Options

Alternatives to throwing flowers

I am looking for an alternative to tossing petals after leaving the church.  It seemed costly according to my florist's price quote.  The only other ideas I could think of are bubbles, rice, and birdseed. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks!!

Re: Alternatives to throwing flowers

• Options
    utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sparklers? Wands with fabric?
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how much the florist quoted you, but if you really want them to throw petals check this out: http://www.save-on-crafts.com/preserved.html

You'll have to scroll down about halfway to find the petals.

If you're not set on flower petals, I like the idea of streamers.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Release balloons?  I have seen that done...you have to buy special balloons that are biodegradeable, but the pictures are awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Applause.  Very cost effective :)

Most places do not allow rice/birdseed/sparklers, so be sure to check with your venue before getting your heart set on something. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    DeniseH33DeniseH33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You can purchase silk rose petals very inexpensive bag of !,000 for 17.99..@ petalgarden.com and also check papermart.com. Petal garden will seen you sample for free all all colors for $2.99. Also freeze dried rose petal for inside the church. (will not stain church carpet /floors like real roses)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Great ideas ladies! The cost was .50/petal. We were trying to trim down our floral costs and that was something I felt I could do with out or find a less expensive alternative. Thank you!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    JUST BUY a bunch or two of roses from the supermarket and di it yourself...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why didn't I think of that! Lol
  • Options
    WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_alternatives-throwing-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:d5edd4e6-25ad-46f1-979f-01d57fa0f8a4Post:64f57709-fc6b-4a93-8bf2-3cbdefa27dd2">Re: Alternatives to throwing flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Applause.  Very cost effective :) Most places do not allow rice/birdseed/sparklers, so be sure to check with your venue before getting your heart set on something. 
    Posted by Wiscisbliss[/QUOTE]

This.  Our venue is a national park and they don't allow petals, rice, bird seed, release balloons or sparklers.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards