Flowers

Red Dresses for the Girls...what color flowers?!

So I am having a January wedding and the girls will be wearing apple red.  My florist is leaning towards more red flowers...only now I am thinking ivory, red on red is too much!  What do you guys think?

Re: Red Dresses for the Girls...what color flowers?!

• edited December 2011

Do you have an accent color that you could incorporate?  Why not have ivory/white and red flowers?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I would do ivory flowers so that they pop against the red, but a mix would be nice too. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jfasickjfasick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OOOH...We are having a september wedding, but my ladies' dresses are apple too...with orange (tangerine) flowers.  Gerbera daisies and lilies.  The orange is a beautiful accent color against the apple red.
    image 253 Made the cut!
    image 138 Are ready to party! image 115 Are missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could do just about any color you want. I've seen a light blue on red and orange on red like PP stated. Use Google for some inspiration. Nothing says you have to use white. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want simple and elegant, all white/ivory flowers or a mix of red and white.

If you want creative, try a mix of colors or a solid contrating or complimentary color.  Like various shades of red, orange, peach, pink, magenta, purples, yellow/gold, or lime green:

• edited December 2011
    Wow, you guys all have great ideas!  I really like the idea of a mix whites and reds, I will definitely be turning to Google for some help also!
    Thanks guys!Laughing
  • TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My girls will be an apple red as well. I am getting them white bouquets and I will have a red one.
  • edited December 2011
    I had apple red BM dresses too.  We chose circus roses (yellow with red tips).  There are other bi-colored roses (white with red tips) that might look pretty. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • athlete010688athlete010688 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having an October wedding, and the girls will be in apple red floor-length dresses.  My bridesmaid bouquets are 3 forever red roses in the center with 9 white carnations on the outside.  The bouquets also have some greenery on the bottom, outlining the bouquet.
    Anniversary image

MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_red-dresses-girlswhat-color-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:d68dc117-0a60-4a0a-bcb5-dd260a1ac5d4Post:d8131a8b-ff30-45e3-93cd-1703ebf6cba5">Re: Red Dresses for the Girls...what color flowers?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My girls will be an apple red as well. I am getting them white bouquets and I will have a red one.
    Posted by Teep[/QUOTE]

We're doing exactly this :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards