Flowers

Rare flower in silk?

Hey all,
I want to use artificial flowers due to cost and so I don't have to worry about is it too hot/cold/humid/etc in here are they gonna wilt all night. For my bouquet I really like red and white bicolor roses. I have found plenty of places online that grow them, but I can't find any listings for artificial ones. I have not physically been to any stores, but I'm sure they are not in high demand because real bicolor roses aren't super common. Should I give up and just look for something else, or are they out there somewhere and I just haven't found them?

Re: Rare flower in silk?

• Honestly, silk flowers (nice ones) tend to cost just about the same as real flowers.

Fresh roses are pretty hardy flowers and stand up well against heat and humidity.  As for being too cold, your venue would need to be below freezing before the flowers would suffer.

I would do a bit of research to compare silk flowers and fresh flower pricing.  Also, how much experience do you have in arranging flowers (fresh or silk) and weigh out how much you really want to put together everything (time, effort, etc) as compared to paying a professional to do it.

• I have been doing a lot of fake/real comparison and have also found that if you go with the nicer "real touch" silks they are going to cost around the same as the real thing. Your options after that are open for you though.Centerpieces can be used as gifts for female family members or resold. Bouquets and ceremony decor can be kept as keepsakes or resold. The greatest thing I have found about using the fake versus real is the fact that you have options after everything is over, they don't just die and get thrown away. And for your rarity issue, most silk flower companies can dye match whatever flower you would like. I would start pricing the "custom" aspect of the fake flowers. 

Check out www.angelsaccents.com, they have done a couple of my friends weddings and I am hiring them for mine and they don't charge extra for the custom work. They actually specialize in custom orders. 
  • Honestly I'm not too hung up on them looking real under knowledgable scrutiny.. if I can find them cheap, then I'll be fine with arranging and working with them. But if their rarity means I'd need to upgrade to a better quality and price then I'd think about just getting real ones. I do feel reassured about their toughness! I would only be using them for my bouquet though, and that's going to be a main keepsake for me, so that's why I'm so concerned about it :P
  • I love saving money and trying to keep everything beautiful within a budget. Real touch flowers are going to be as expensive as normal flowers if you buy them full price. Here is what I suggest: figure out what flowers you want, what arrangements you like, and go to your local craft store. See what their selections are if they have them, ask an associate to help you arrange a bouquet like the pictures you have. They do this for free at all the craft stores. Then wait until the stems go on sale, which happens about once a month, at 50 off. Get rainchecks for the stems you need, you ll be ordering them, but the rainchecks seal in the sale price. This is what I did. I made my own bouquets and they re gorgeous. I spent 50 on mine, which has 8 real touch sophia roses and 8 real touch ranuncluses, then 8 per bouquet for bridesmaids, I bought premade bouquets from Hobby Lobby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited August 2012
    My silk bouquets were made by someone on Etsy.com, maybe they can help you.

The store was lovetheblooms (all one word).  My flowers were gorgeous and very inexpensive.  Like you I didn't have to worry about keeping them from wilting and got exactly what I wanted. 
  • I have a store on etsy and make bridal bouquets with real touch and silk flowers, if you want some help. My store is shayes bridal boutique. There is a real touch rose that is two toned but not quite red and white, if you are interested in seeing a picture of it you can email me through my etsy store and I can send you a photo of the flower. It does look nice with the red real touch roses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards