Flowers

Real flowers VS silk flowers..What do you think??

Is it tacky to use silk flowers in my centerpieces especially if i'm having an outdoor wedding? How about if it is indoors? Is the cost difference really that much? Do they look bad in pictures? I need help and opinions!!! :)

Re: Real flowers VS silk flowers..What do you think??

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do not like fake flowers and don't see the point in them when there's real flowers that could be used.  When people try to save money on flowers and go the fake route they look fake in pictures.  If they purchase flowers that "look real" (I still don't think they do) then it ends up costing the same, if not more, than real flowers would.

If you're trying to save cost, look at centerpieces that are non-floral.  Think about candles, fruit, or potted plants.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I disagree, I think there are silk flowers that look real AND are reasonably priced.  I don't think that you should have to get real flowers that you may not love (ie carnations etc) just because they are less expensive and you cant afford what you really want. (I hope that made sense)  There are also advantages to silk, they can be done in advance, they wont wilt, you can sometimes re-sell them after your wedding, etc.  It's your choice, look at what's out there.
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Silk flowers that don't look fake are going to cost almost as much as the real ones.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • cmeyer3946cmeyer3946 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would vote for an alternative to both depending on where you are having your outdoor wedding.  If the the heat is what you're worrying about, then how about outdoor candles, shells, or dried flowers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    For our wedding my fiance and I chose to go with both silk and real flower arrangments! We've taken pictures and showed people both the real and silk and they couldn't even tell the difference! So for ours we decided to do all bridal party and parents flowers real along with a couple of the alter centerpeices but the rest are all silk! As far as table centerpeices I'm not sure cause i'm just using silk flower petals, I think that's more of a personal choice and what your budget looks like. Personally i would do both or one or the other! 
  • SarahSmile23SarahSmile23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards