Flowers

Do you get a father's boutonniere for a step father? grandmothers?

My fiance and I are looking around at flowers. He isn't very close to his dad and he doesn't live in the area. His step father is in the same city and he is very close to him. Do we add an extra boutoniere to our order for the step dad and dad?

Also,  what sort of flowers do the grandmothers get? or do you get them any?

Re: Do you get a father's boutonniere for a step father? grandmothers?

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, all parents get flowers including grandparents.  The grandmothers for my wedding received the same type as the mothers.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Grandmothers absolutely get flowers.  I would say give boutonnieres to anyone you want to.  If FI is close to his step dad, I would say to absolutely get one for him. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would give both men bouts. Even if he isn't close with his dad, it would still be a kind gesture to give him a flower. And yes, grandmothers also get flowers. We're doing the same for grandparents as we are for the parents. 
    Photobucket
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gave my stepfather a bout and our granmothers got corsages.
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did boutonnieres for the fathers, stepfather, brother, brother in law and grandfather.  We did a small bouquet for the mothers and grandmother and corsages for the sisters and sisters in law.  The flowers were all white.  None of the siblings were in the wedding party. 
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Yes both father and stepfather should get a bout.  Grandparents should also get flowers.  For the grandmothers in my wedding we are just giving a single rose with a bow and the mothers are carrying small nosegays.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards