Flowers

Centerpeice Suggestions (other than the typical flower centerpeices)

I am about to make florist appointments. We are on a buget. I prefer not to spend money on flower centerpeices. Do you have any suggestions as to other centerpeice ideas?
Anniversary

Re: Centerpeice Suggestions (other than the typical flower centerpeices)

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    groups of three pillar candles of different sized bunched together.  You can accent it with a few flowers.  I did this for a cousin's wedding a few years ago and thought it looked better with a mirror underneath - it gave it a little more depth.  Rather than spend a fortune on mirrors, I bought a box of square mirrored tile at Home Depot.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • reagane02reagane02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love the idea of mirror tiles and candles! Its very simple and elegant, also they are low enough so people can see and talk to other people at the table easily. :) You could also add something that maybe unique to you and your FI. I'm having a relatively informal wedding, and we both LOVE IBC rootbeer, and our colors are red and dark brown, so we will be using old bottles as part of the centerpieces, and a place for the table #.

October '12
    ~MARRIED 10.11.12~
  • edited December 2011
    check out ikea ... cool stuff...    
    champagne buckets are old school but cool.
    floating candles in various glass urns and vases could be fun ...if you went with several different ones you could collect them as sales came along and such.  Furl a little willow or put pebles in the water for some natural depth...

• edited December 2011
    You can have anything that's pretty as a centerpiece. We're considering battery-operated fountains, floating candles, floating a few petals in a glass bowl, and we're still considering goldfish. My fiance really likes stuff involving water, you see.
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Candles

vases or fishbowls of water with floating candles

vases or bowls of fruit

lanterns

Edible centerpieces: a tray with bottle(s) of wine, fruit, cheese, and bread. A small decorated cake, or tower of cupcakes

Sometimes seasonal potted flowers can be purchased for very reasonable (under $10. 
  • edited December 2011
    Agree with the candles! Always beautiful and elegant. And for an evening party, light goes a lot further than flowers anyway... cause it's dark!

Depending upon your options, if you go with long, rectangular tables over large round tables, you have less need for substantial centrepieces - cause there's less square footage in the centre that requires coverage! This can end up being a big money saver cause you just don't need a lot to dress up the table - it's narrower! Some candles fill in the space perfectly... even just votives! Or you can add a splash of colour with single blooms in bud vases or single floating blooms in shallow bowls!
  • edited December 2011
    Hi! Can you tell us more about your Wedding? Colors/Theme... Indoors/outdoors - when - how many tables... maybe we could tailor it to fit your needs more... Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding will be in the evening.

The venue/reception is a downtown club in a big business building.

They only have round tables that seat 8-10 people. We are inviting 160 but I know not everyone will come.

So lets say 140 show up. Thats at a minimum 14 tables.

Its a spring wedding-late May. Colors are Navy blue and pink. Flowers will be pink and different shades of pink.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    i am sinking orchids in cylinder cases with a floating candle on top. just puting a few on each table that are different sizes along with some tea lights.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using fish bowls with diamond looking jewels and having betta fish in them. The fish will be pricey, but a flower in the water, a light or candle would be cute. Hobby Lobby always has a great price on glass ware and if you catch them about once a month, you can get them half price.
  • My colors are yellow and red. Trying to save on the flower budget as well. We are placing lemons in a tall vase with a floating candle on top.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards