Flowers

Wheatgrass

Does anyone know anything about using wheatgrass for using in centerpieces?

Do you need to grow it yourself from seeds?  Thanks.

Re: Wheatgrass

• alivesoonalivesoon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how about liliy grass or bear grass? those are so easy to get at any local store!

• lharri12lharri12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, I have the answer!  My sister got married about 5 years ago, and before the wedding, I spent about two weeks at her home, babysitting her daughter and growing the wheatgrass for centerpieces.  She bought some containers at The Container Store, potting soil, and seeds for the wheatgrass (which cost about $2).  I planted the seeds about 10-14 days before the wedding, and they grew about 4-5 inches, which was perfect.  Keep in mind, this was the middle of June in Colorado, so they had lots of sunshine.  The day before the wedding, she took the containers of wheatgrass to her florist, who stuck in some colorful gerbera daisies and some whimsical curly-Q sticks (for lack of a better term).  She had discussed all of this ahead of time with the florist.  They turned out awesome!  They were beautiful and different, and everybody loved them!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    you can either grow it-must be started a week=two weeks before the wedding. Buy the seed at a grain elevator.or you can order it by the flat and cut it to fit your container...buy it from a florist
  • edited December 2011
    i love the idea of wheatgrass, can you find the seeds just at a local lowes or something or is this something you have to order from a health food store???
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards