Flowers
Options

Mixed height centerpieces (PIP)

I'm thinking about doing mixed height centerpieces. My florist is down with it, my mother thinks it'd look weird. What do you think if the short pieces looked basically like this: 

The tall ones looked kinda like this, with more greenery and "bling" (florist's word) 

If it helps, our reception hall (we'll have lowered lights and there's small lights in the fabric that aren't on in this):

Mix the height? All tall? All short? We're going for a slightly formal feel, but by no means is it black tie. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Mixed height centerpieces (PIP)

• Options
    Mixing high and low centerpieces is pretty common now. I think it would look fine.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I like mixed heights (I'm doing them too!  :D) but I don't like doing vases in vastly different shapes, like the square one in the first picture and eiffel tower vase in the second picture.  Maybe a tower vase and a fish bowl or something similar?
  • Options
    saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Oh, the vases won't be the different shapes, the first just happens to be the picture of something similar the florist did and the second is the first thing I found that was close. I agree, that would drive me nuts. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    love it  very elegant!
  • Options
    I prefer different height arrangements over once consistent height because it breaks the space up and offers more for the eyes to see.  Sometimes all tall cenerepieces start to resemble a forest in large ballrooms.

• Options

i think the high and low combo is very interesting as long as they flowers and the vases relate

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards