Flowers
Options

Bridesmaids Bouquet

According to a few websites baby's breath is a floral symbol of everlasting love.  I was thinking about having my bridesmaids carry a bouquet of them at my January wedding.  I'm wondering if they are appropriate for the season and if they can hold as a bouuet on their own or should I pare them up with another flower like carnations? Which by the way carries a meaning of pure love 

Re: Bridesmaids Bouquet

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think baby's breath bouquets are beautiful, especially for a winter wedding.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great by themselves... skip the carnations and make sure your florist uses million star babies breath... It is much stronger and prettier... 

Tulips stand for a declaration of love... might be a nice addition to yours... 

• Options
    kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_bridesmaids-bouquet-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:e5750240-27cb-4b03-b4a9-994ff20596ccPost:38c3dbb3-ded0-4995-a6ea-8699e0b42058">Re: Bridesmaids Bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think baby's breath bouquets are beautiful, especially for a winter wedding.
    Posted by jagore08[/QUOTE]

I agree!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the look! Go for it, all by themselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like baby's breath on its own or not at all. I think carnations don't look great unless there are tons of them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with the baby's breath by itself.   It almost looks like a delicate bouquet of snowflakes!
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    its what i am doing! diying them too, bunches of them are super cheap! and my aunt already said she would love to make 4 of them for our wedding. I am just goint to make sure their ribbon will be deep red to match my bouquet of black magic roses
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never knew there were different types of baby breath. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards