Flowers

Bridesmaid Carnation Bouquet

I am having Carnations for my bridesmaid bouquets, the picture I had was from a bridal bouquet and had 30 carnations, however bridesmaid bouquets are smaller. So, the florist was wondering if I wanted to use 25 or 20. Do you think I could get away with 20 carnations or would that make the bouquets to small?

Re: Bridesmaid Carnation Bouquet

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your florist have carnations on hand?  Can she do a mockup for you with 20?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    she said i could come in and put 20 together to see what I think, but thought I would ask what other people have done or think
  • edited December 2011
    How many bridesmaids do you have? Would 25 in each be that much a cost difference?

I think if you like a slightly fuller look, go with 25; if you want more of a smaller nosegay type bouquets for the BMs, simply go with 20.
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

If the blooms are more fully opened, then 20 should be enough for a small-med sized bouquet.  They don't need to be huge. 

• AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you can, go to walmart or Michaels or Hobby Lobby and play with the flowers they have there - it will give you an idea not only how the bouquet looks, but also how it looks being held by someone - then you can decide on 20 or 25.

HTH

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Carnations thats a good idea, let me know how it turns out. I would say go with 25 carnations. What type of flowers is your bouquet going to have?
  • edited December 2011
    My bouquet is going to have a mix of carnations and roses with some greenery underneath
  • edited December 2011
    That sounds really pretty.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards