Flowers
Options

Rose Petals for Aisle

We were planning on lining the edges of the aisle with white rose petals.  I looked online and the cheapest I could find was $60 for 30 cups of freeze-dried petals.  I checked Costco, and their fresh roses are 2 dozen for $15.99.  I was wondering which would be a better deal.  My aisle will be at most 20 feet (6 rows).

Re: Rose Petals for Aisle

• Options
    twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should talk to your florist. My florist included all the rose petals for the aisle with the rest of my purchase at no additional cost.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My florist was going to charge me for petals so I went with silk.  For my tossing petals, I used freshrosepetals.com. 

Here is a petal calculator to help you--it will depend on how heavy you want the rose petals stacked on the side.

http://www.petalgarden.com/petalcalc.htm
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fiftyflowers.com will ship (for free) 6,000 real rose petals for $139.  You could use them for the aisle way, tossing, sprinkle around the tables, cake table, head table, etc etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan on going with silk petals just to save ourselves money, unless our florist includes them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think my florist is charging like $4 for my petals.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep..check with a florist usually they can buy bags of them or something.  Ours are $40 per bag and for our isle she suggested 1.5 bags.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had silk petals for my aisle,that place did not allowed fresh or freeze dried rose petals.Here is a website where you can find good price for rose petals freeze dried or silk.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    don't use silk if your tossing them outside though... they blow everywhere and trash up the whole area... 
    Somebody did this in my favorite park and they are still there in nooks and spots months later... a very tacky remembrance!   
    Fine inside though of course...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You will need 3,000 petals per 10 feet of aisle (counting both sides), so you will need about 6,000 petals.  (Believe me, I did the research a while ago and saved it to my computer).  :)   Table top spread = 50 petals; flower girl basket = 100 petals.

For a price comparison, my florist is charging me $75 to line my 20-30 foot aisle with fresh rose petals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards