Flowers

Flower Crop Share Agreement --awesome idea!

Hey all, I'm getting married in NH and a friend told me about this.  I just went to a local farm and they were happy to work with me.  It's set up so you pay ahead of time -this gives the farmer money for their start up costs.  Then traditionally, over the summer you visit the farm several times and are permitted to take a certain amount of stems per visit. 

I met with my local farm and explained that I was getting married and they were happy to have me come the week before my wedding and pick ALL of my stems in one visit!  I'm so excited that I will be getting 450 stems of seasonal flowers for $100 and 100% of the money goes to support local agriculture. 

Check into farms in your area, see if you can find something similar!

Re: Flower Crop Share Agreement --awesome idea!

• Hey,

What kind of flowers you are getting? 450 steams for $100 sounds very low.

It's a big day for you and you don't want to end up with short stems, not so fresh ones etc., just a thought

Thanks,

• I'm getting mostly large blooms as well as some other fillers.  As far as short stems and not so fresh ones, I get to pick them myself!  I'm an avid gardener and am really looking forward to spending a few hours with my soon to be step-daughters a day before the wedding. 

Thanks for having me pause and think.  Maybe I'll order a second crop share and if I don't need it then I can have fresh flowers for the rest of the season whenever I want!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards