Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First dance song help- former emo/hipster..couple

Hi all,
Getting married in 9 days and have narrowed it down to a few songs but I'm looking for some help from some brides who are/were kinda emo/hipstery in the last 10 years. Haha. Random.

Our "song" has been Steel Train's "Story in a Dream" but really, it's a terrible song. It's only meaningful because we liked it when we were 15. 10+ years later, it doesn't hold as much meaning.

Thinking about Death Cab's "Follow You Into the Dark" but would LOVE to think of some other songs from Something Corporate, Taking Back Sunday, The Get Up Kids, Frightened Rabbit.... Thoughts?

Re: First dance song help- former emo/hipster..couple

• Options
    We are doing "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes and entering into the reception to "Punk Rock Princess" by Something Corporate
  • Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    My son used as a reading, a portion of the lyrics from "Lay and Love" by Will Oldham.  He also used music by The Books and Andrew Bird.
  • Options
    Ours is "She is Love" by Parachute 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    We are huge Collective Soul fans and had wanted to use 'The World I Know' as our song but recently found out its about bipolar disorder/suicide so I'm not QUITE certain that we're still going to use it.....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards