Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Again by Janet Jackson - help

My FI and I wanted our first dance to be Again by Janet Jackson. We are high school sweethearts that found our way back to each other after being apart for 15 years. I just listened to it on youtube, I hadn't heard the song in a long time, and now I think its says that you shouldn't get back together again because you are going to get your heart broken. Any thoughts? Am I missing something? The wedding is next month, so I have to get this figured out. Thanks!!

Re: Again by Janet Jackson - help

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I;m a huge Janet fan, so when I saw the title I had to look at this thread!  Ive always taken the song to be that she ran into an ex boyfriend and wants to see if they can work it out, but isnt sure if they should try again.  To me, the song speaks too much of the heartbreak, not the promise of a new love to use as a first dance song, but thats just my take.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I remember seeing Janet do this in concert during her Velvet Rope Tour so I had to read this thread too! I think that, like the PP said, this song focuses a some serious heartache in the beginning and that it probably shouldn't be used as a first dance, but that's my .02. What genre or type of song are you looking for? I would suggest At Last by Etta James but I know it's overplayed..lol but it's actually our song, so we'll be dancing to it. There's also My Dearest Darling by her too...hope this helps! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, have you heard "love song" by pink?  i think thats a different song too that might work. I dont wanna dance to a traditional song, so I'm looking for different ideas as well.  also "be without you" by mary j blige is a good one too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice. I think you are all right and I'll keep looking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards