Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father Daugther Dance

Hi Everyone so a little background my parents divorced about 5 years ago and me and my dad keep in touch but our relationship is nothing like it used to be before the divorce he is sort of distant.  I cannot decide if I want to do a father daughter dance or if I do will it just be doing it because its a tradition.  I don't want to upset him by not doing one. How do I tell him I don't want to?  Any help will be awesome it is really stressing me out.

Re: Father Daugther Dance

• edited December 2011
    If you decide not to do one, then don't even mention it to him unless he asks. If the asks, be honest with him but just realize he may be very hurt. Just make sure you think about your choice before deciding for sure. And even if you did a dance with him, just be sure not to choose a real sappy, lovey dovey song if you know what I mean.
  • Pookie05Pookie05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should do one. He loves you and it's important to him, trust me on this.
  • Pookie05Pookie05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't mean to be judgemental or pushy or what-have-you but my parents are divorced. My sister won't want to do a father/daughter dance and it's going to kill my dad.
  • slm.mddslm.mdd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pookie05 no need to apologize yeah my parents are divorced and I talk to my Dad but not as much as I would like to.  Well anyways I talked to him a few nights ago about how I was feeling and he said he is going to get better and earn the opportunity to dance with me on my wedding.  So I have hope for the future that will get better.  Tell your sister to talk to her Dad before she decides anything because I realized that this is something that you never want to regret you never did at your wedding.  Imagine something happens to your Dad and she regrets she never danced with him that will be hard to live with.  Just something for her to think about as I did
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards