Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

having trouble deciding on a last dance song

I've been thinking about our wedding reception music and have figured out WP entrance song, BG entrance song, 1st dance song, pretty much decided on a father/dtr dance song, (FI and/or mother has to decide on their song), but I have so many ideas for a last dance song, that it's hard to choose...here are some of my ideas(in no particular order), please let me know your thoughts and take the poll:

1-I COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE BY EDWARD MCCAIN

2-COME AWAY WITH ME IN THE NIGHT BY NORAH JONES

3-FOREVER AND FOR ALWAYS BY SHANIA TWAIN

4-I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING BY AEROSMITH

5-AT LAST BY ETTA JAMES

6-A WHOLE NEW WORLD

7-FLY ME TO THE MOON BY FRANK SINATRA

8-UNFORGETTABLE BY NAT & NATALIE COLE

9-A MOMENT LIKE THIS

10-ENDLESS LOVE

11-JUST YOU AND ME BY CHICAGO

12-I'VE HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE FROM “DIRTY DANCING”

13-YOU'RE THE INSPIRATION BY CHICAGO

Re: having trouble deciding on a last dance song

• Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I voted for "Could Not Ask For More" - some of the songs up there strike me as more appropriate for the begging of a wedding, not the end.  I think the Edwin McCain song is really pretty and gives the great message of being so happy with things that you couldn't ask for more.  Sounds perfect to me!
  • edited December 2011
    Me too. I think that song is beautiful and a perfect ending to a fun and romantic day!! I am using "Endless Love" for our first dance song. We love it!
    April 2012 Ladies: May Siggy Challenge: Venue Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I voted for "Just you and me" by Chicago. I think it's a fun song, so your not ending the night on a dull note. I'm also trying to finish my music list, so complicated.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ recommended an upbeat song to close the wedding so everyone would go off on a happy note.  Which of these songs is to you and your groom, upbeat and happy? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards