Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Mother- Daughter Dance

Well my Dad died almost 3 years ago, so my mom is walking me down the aisle. Since I can't have a father- daughter dance I was thinking about doing a mother- daughter dance. Maybe to "Daughters" by John Mayer. Anyone else?

Re: Mother- Daughter Dance

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think that is a great song choice!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My father died when I was six...so my mom and I are going to dance to my mom and dad's song...."I just called to say I love you" by Stevie Wonder.  Might want to find out what your parents song was and dance to it.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm thinking of doing this and using Martina Mcbride's song "In My Daughter's Eyes".
  • tentasbytentasby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that we are all stepping out of the box. My dad passed also and when I told my mom I wanted her to walk me down the aisle she started crying. I also feel that we should get our moms input in onthe song. Congratulations to all and good luck in your future.
  • Sarahkay488Sarahkay488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls :-) It feels really really good know I'm not alone in this. You all have fabulous suggestions, I really appreciate it! I know our Dads will be watching down on us :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Ummmm i love that song however I am not entirely sure it's the best for a father daughter dance, if you read the lyrics it's...well it's about girls who have "daddy issues" and what they have to deal with in relationships in their lives.Just my opinion, of course.
  • edited December 2011
    My dad died almost 2 years ago...so I was thinking of having my mom walk me down the aisle and then to dance with her as well.  Thanks for putting this topic out there b/c I was wondering what others in the same situation were doing.  I was planning on playing my mom and dad's song at some point during the reception so maybe that would be a good time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards