Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

List of your song choices!

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if everyone could make a list of the songs that you are using for your weddings. I have a few that I still need to find and would love to see what everyone else is using1. Processional......2. Bridal party recessional......3. Bride and groom recessional........4. Bridal party entrance.........5. First dance........6. Father/daughter.........7. mother/son..........8. cake cutting..........9. Bouquet toss.....10. Garter toss.......

Re: List of your song choices!

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Great post! 1. Processional (Bride) Trumpet Voluntary in D Major 2. Bride & Groom/Bridal party recessional .....Mendelssohn Wedding March. 4. Bridal party entrance (reception).........Please don't stop the music-Rihanna **Mr. & Mrs. Entrance--Let's get married (remix)-Jagged Edge 5. First dance........ My Destiny-Jim Brickman & Martina McBride 6. Father/daughter......... still undecided--either Isn't she lovely-Stevie Wonder or You Belong to me-The Duprees 7. mother/son..........???? 8. cake cutting..........Suga Suga-The Archies 9. Bouquet toss.....Be Faithful-Fatman Scoop (my girls favorite) 10. Garter toss.......Pump it up-Joe Budden (FI's fav) I have all our music in my bio under Our Music!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    groom/bride first dance - Magic by Colbie Colliat father/daughter dance- My Wish by Rascal Flatts mother/son- What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong (i think that was it) bouquet toss- Single Ladies by Beyonce
  • edited December 2011
    1. Processional - I'm walking down the aisle to a string version of Iron & Wine's "Flightless Bird, American Mouth" - I haven't completly decided what the bridal party is walking down the aisle to 2. Bridal party recessional - "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz3. Bride and groom recessional - same as Bridal party4. Bridal party entrance- "Don't Stop Believing" By Journey5. First dance - We haven't completely decided but we are leaning towards either "God Blessed the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts or "Love that will never grow old" by Emmylou Harris 6. Father/daughter - "Child of Mine" by Carole King7. mother/son - some song we found on youtube called "the man you've become" 8. cake cutting - not sure yet 9. Bouquet toss - not doing 10. Garter toss -not doing
  • mougetmouget member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :O I don't even know where to start...I don't know what song I want for bride and groom recessional, cake cutting and first dance...SUggest!!!
  • chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Processional...... Pachabel Cannon in D2. Bridal party recessional......not sure3. Bride and groom recessional........not sure4. Bridal party entrance.........It takes 2 - rob base    Bride and groom entrance.........come on feel the noize -quiet riot5. First dance........this kind of love (full band version)- sister hazel6. Father/daughter.........possibly these are the days - van morrison or what a wonderful world - louie armstrong7. mother/son.......... not sure8. cake cutting.......... love theme from st. elmo's fire9. Bouquet toss..... maneater - nelly furtado10. Garter toss....... push it - salt n pepa
  • edited December 2011
    Pre-Ceremony: (from the movie Marie Antoinette): "Opus 17", "Opus 23" and "Opus 36" by Dustin O'Halloran. Processional: "Claire de Lune" by Debussy Bride's Entry: Bridal chorus (I'm a little traditional LOL) Unity Candle (still debating on if we even want to have one): "Songbird" by Eva Cassidy. We might not be able to use this since we're getting married in a Catholic church and I'm not sure if they'll allow us to use secular music during our ceremony. We might have to get it approved by the church. Recessional: "Symphony No. 9 Choral 4th Movement" from "Ode to Joy" by Beethoven Bride & Groom Entrance to Reception: "All You Need is Love" by Lynden David Hall (Beatles cover, used for the movie Love Actually) First Dance: "Heaven" (MTV Unplugged Version) by Bryan Adams (FI and I love this song, but I just heard "More Than Anyone" by Gavin DeGraw and it's soooooooo beautiful!) Father/Daughter Dance: "Two of Us" by Aimee Mann and Michael Penn (another Beatles cover). I don't know if I'll even be able to do a father/daughter dance at the reception, since my dad doesn't even know I'm getting married and I don't have an address to send his invite to. Mother/Son Dance: "Moonlight Serenade" by Glenn Miller (just for now, I'll have to talk with FI about this one, since he knows his mom better than I do). Various jazz music or his family's mariachi band for dinner, haven't decided yet. Cake Cutting: trying to decide between "Chapel of Love" by the Dixie Cups and "Grow Old with You" by Adam Sandler (from the Wedding Singer). Bouquet Toss (if I do one): "Single Ladies" by Beyonce Garter Toss (if he wants to do one): undecided Last Dance: still trying to decide between "Save the Last Dance For Me" by Michael Buble, "At Last" by Etta James or "More Than Anyone" by Gavin DeGraw. We might want something slow, so we can capture those tender moments between us before we leave the reception.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • turtles172002turtles172002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Processional......Pachebel's Canon in D 2. Bridal party recessional......undecided 3. Bride and groom recessional........Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles 4. Bridal party entrance.........Walk - Pantera 5. First dance........At Last - Etta James 6. Father/daughter.........not having one 7. mother/son..........unsure 8. cake cutting..........Love You Madly - Cake 9. Bouquet toss.....was unsure but thanks to this thread, I'm thinking Maneater by Nelly Furtado 10. Garter toss.......Business Time - Flight of the Conchords
  • edited December 2011
    1. Processional......Trumpet Voluntary   2. recessional......March from Midsummernight's Dream3. Bridal party entrance......... probably "Tweezer" by Phish or "Standing on Top of the World" - Van halen4. Bride/Groom entrance......."Thriller" - Michael Jackson (i'm getting married on Halloween)5. First dance........ "Follow You, Follow Me" - Genesis6. Father/daughter........."Sweet Pea" - Amos Lee7. mother/son.........."These are the days" - Queen8. cake cutting........."Ice Cream Man" - Van Halen9. Bouquet toss.....not doing it10. Garter toss.......not doing it
  • blynn03blynn03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the early stages of planning and have just started thinking about these.  I've come up with a couple ideas, but nothing is set in stone:Bride & Groom entrance - Daft Punk is Playing at my House by LCD SoundsystemFirst Dance - Better When We're Together by Jack Johnson
  • blynn03blynn03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH - I figured out the perfect one for the father/daughter dance - Country Boy Can Survive by Hank Williams Jr.It's not really a sappy song about how much he loves me, but it fits both of our personalities much better.  He's a farmer and I'm a farmer's daughter.  ;)  I'm actually thinking I'm going to surprise him with it.
  • edited December 2011
    1. Processional: Little Moments-Brad Paisley2&3. Recessional: Living Our Love Song-Jason Michael Carrol4. Bridal Party Entrance: Find Out Who Your Friends Are-Tracy Lawrence Our Entrance: Fall In Love-Kenny Chesney5. First Dance: Nothing Else Matters-Metallica6. Father/Daughter: Daddy's Hands-Holly Dunn7. Mother/Son: either Simple Man-Lynyrd Skynyrd or Then They Do-Trace Adkins8. Cake Cutting: don't know yet9. Bouquet Toss: Girl Fight-Brooke Valentine10. Garter Toss: either Get Off-Halestorm or Cherry Pie-Warrant
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    1. Processional...... Classical.2. Bridal party recessional...... A piano version of the song that im coming down too3. Bride and groom recessional........ Punk Rock Princess- Something Corporate (acoustic piano version)4. Bridal party entrance.........  Never gonna give you up- Rick astley5. First dance........ Marie- Kevin Devine6. Father/daughter......... Somewhere Over the Rainbow- Jason Castro   7. mother/son.......... whatever she picks.8. cake cutting.......... ?9. Bouquet toss..... Single ladys- Beyonce10. Garter toss.......?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That Bloc Party song is an amazing choice for Bride & Groom entrance!  Too fun!
    White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards