Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

2 first dance songs?

FI and I are having trouble picking a song..bad thing is..we have to give the dj our song list today! i want love of a lifetime by firehouse and he wants endless love by lionel ritchie. my mom suggested using both, start with one and then just go into the 2nd one. has anyone ever done this?

Re: 2 first dance songs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No offense, but that sounds like an outrageous amount of time for your guests to be watching you and your new husband swaying back and forth. Could you use on of the songs for your last dance song, that way you could have it be more about capturing the two of you in a private moment at the end of the night as well.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh dont worry none taken. i completely agree with you..my mom suggested it so i wanted to get some opinions. we finally agreed on a song so its all good now!
  • Options
    chrissy31805chrissy31805 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my friend did 2 songs - one at the beginning and then one after they cut the cake. they did a traditional one and then they did an italian one did you think of using one of the songs for your video? (if your having video done) like maybe while you're doing your vows. or like pp said at the end of the nite or during cake cutting
  • Options
    andreapnycandreapnyc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    chrissy31805 - what italian song did you do?  i will be incorporating a few italian songs in my wedding, so im just curious!  thanks! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards