Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

50s love song

FI and I are getting married Saturday and still don't have a first dance song... eeek! We decided to go with an oldies song because we both like oldies and they are "classics" that you know people won't look back on and say "what were you thinking!?". Can anyone suggest some good love songs for a first dance? Nothing too mushy-gushy, just happy and cute. Thanks!

Re: 50s love song

• edited December 2011
    The first song that came to mind is Elvis - Can't help falling in love.  There's also love me tender.Etta James - at lastSinatra is a classic too.  The way you look tonight, love &marriage, Love is here to stay, night and day,  Best is yet to come, summer wind, fly me to the moon, I only have eyes for you, pretty much anything Sinatra!
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    LOVE LOVE LOVE....The Duprees-You belong to Me ( my Dad & I are dancing to this one)The Duprees-My Own True LoveElvis'-Can't Help Falling In Love Etta James-At Last Frank Sinatra-As Time Goes By
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • MoiramabMoiramab member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Frankie Avalon - Venus if you willIt *might* be more tacky-50s, but I always loved it :)
  • faupandafaupanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you believe in magic - I don't know who sings it off hand
    photo 12603f61-b990-4723-8872-5bbe40e4eb3e_zpsee882a16.jpg
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers Follow Me on Pinterest "She can kiss my dog hair loving arse." - September 11 Sweetpeas
  • edited December 2011
    "sea of love"- I'm not sure who sang the original, but I know there is an awesome version by Cat Power from the Juno soundtrack.
  • tbrose16tbrose16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    let it be me - everly brothers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards