Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

father/daughter disco suggestions?

I need help! My dad and I are planning to do a disco dance for the traditional father/daughter dance at my wedding in August 2010 - this will be a total shock to everyone there as he is a very quiet non-dancer type, but LOVES dance/techno/disco music Can anyone help with suggestions of a song? I have been searching, but everything is about being in love, falling out of love, and not really 'father daughter' material.My back up is 'Just Dance' by Lady GaGa since it's one of his favourites, but since we will be doing the Hustle, I wanted to keep it in the disco theme.HELP!!! and thanks!!

Re: father/daughter disco suggestions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what about kc and the sunshine band... thats the way i like it?
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Abba -- Dancin Queen 

I think my dad wants to do this for our father/daughter dance.  He just started taking dance lessons and loves dancing to Abba now.  I think it would be cute.  Wasn't it written by the group for the 17 year old queen of sweden for her wedding day?  Something like that...

edit after research: although not written for her, the group performed it for the first time at their wedding day gala, and again on Queen Silvia's fiftieth birthday years later. 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards