Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

MIL singing for Ceremony

I know what you're thinking, she's probably bad right? She's actually an amazing singer, she toured in a country band, and I asked her to sing during the ceremony. Problem is, I have no idea what to have her sing. There isn't a song that my fiance and I feel connected to but I still want it to be semi-meaningful. I'm looking for a song, preferably country, that would make sense at an outdoor, spring, country wedding. Any advice would be great!

Re: MIL singing for Ceremony

• Wow you are Brave. 

I hope you dance by Lee Ann Womack

• "My Wish" from Rascal Flatts is very pretty
    "Couldn't ask for more" from Sara evans is nice
    maybe "mama's song" from carrie underwood, but i can't remember the context of the song (I think its more mother/daughter friendly, but cant recall at the moment). 

it's hard to find a "love" song that isn't romantic/ aka awkward for a parent to sing, so I think "My Wish" will be the best choice. Not sure what context you want the song in--geared towards the couple, or just a love song in general.  "When I said I do" from alan jackson is very pretty as well.

Anniversary
  • Slower songs:
    God Gave Me You - Blake Shelton
    From This Moment On - Shania Twain
    My Wish - Rascal Flatts
    I'll Still Be Loving You - Restless Heart
    You Save Me - Kenney Chesney
    Only One Love In My Life - Ronnie Milsap

Upbeat/fast tempo songs:
    Yes! - Chad Brock
    Our Kind of Love - Lady Antebellum

Some of those you may think are a little innapropriate for a MIL to sing but I hope this gives you some ideas!  These are all country.  Some of them are a little old school though.

• Look At Us by Vince Gill
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards