Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Ceremony Music help!!! Please???

I am in need of some serious help! I love music and a lot of different genres but for some reason I am having a really hard time choosing music for our ceremony! We are not into classical music at all and would prefer songs that are somewhat non-traditional and modern. I need help finding some song ideas for my bridemaid's entrance, then my entrance and our exit. Also I need help with a sand ceremony song! I was thinking I'm Yours by Jason Mraz for that but still haven't decided. We are getting married in June and an outdoor ceremony. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Ladies!

Re: Ceremony Music help!!! Please???

• lwahllwahl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So the only classical song I would consider walking to would be Bella's Lullaby by Carter Burwell. I was thinking it might be too slow though? What do you think?
  • edited December 2011
    Jason Marz has a great beachy version of "I'm Yours".... its a remix with Jah Cure & Little Wayne... you have to hear it, it's really pretty! Would sound great for a sand ceremony!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    I'm having trouble picking a song to walk down the aisle to. We picked "you are the best thing"- Ray Lamontagne for our exit song. 

I'm with you, picking music is so much harder than i thought. especially because i like so many different artists but i feel like people wont know the songs. 
  • RandiLakinRandiLakin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i had a time with this too. 
    mine:
    Crazy for you by Adele
    Forever by Ben Harper
    For you (what im walking down the isle to...so beautiful) by duncan sheik
    stand by me by Ben E. King
    i'll stand by you by pretenders
    and
    Leather and Lace  by Stevie Knicks and Don Henley
    all my music will be played live and acoustic.  i have some talented friends/family. i just hope it sounds good as they live far apart for practicing.
    also ..
    the acoustic version of Hey soul sister by Train is really nice and different.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i listened to the jason mraz song with lil wayne in it and loved it.i thought itwas hilarious how it started out by saying that i knew i would love you like a fat kid loves food. i wish my fiance would let me walk down the isle to that. lol. im trying to figure it out too. i want to walk down the isle to something fun and interesting. i hate the wedding march.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards