Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

What's appropriate for walking down the aisle?

I'm not a big fan of the traditional wedding march down the aisle tune and I've been looking for something that I enjoy more.  I was thinking of two songs and then realized I don't know if they are appropriate songs...is there any etiquette for this?

The two songs I am thinking of currently are "Whatever It Is" by Zac Brown Band and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Jason Castro
I married my best friend on July 8, 2011

Re: What's appropriate for walking down the aisle?

• glam70sglam70s member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about the songs that you mentioned since I'm not familiar with them, but I can tell you I'm not walking down the aisle to a traditional song either, so I obviously don't think you need to stick to the wedding march. We've hired a guitarist for the ceremony music, so I'll be walking down the aisle to an acoustic version of "Fields of Gold" by Sting (no singing, though).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTwfTMBB-H0
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i'm using Here There Everywhere by the Beatles (an instrumental version)
  • edited December 2011
    The current most popular song for brides to walk down the aisle to at the moment is Pachelbel's Canon in D!

You may also find this youtube channel helpful, its full of commonly asked wedding music questions along with answers. youtube.com/view_play_list?p=D219D025CD610E57

Good Luck!

Jennie
  • edited December 2011
    I'm walking down the aisle to Etta James 'At Last'. Our entire wedding is based around music. .
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 2011 Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Location

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards