Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Processional

For the processioal music i have my bridesmaids walking into "Canon in D" and i'm walking into "Bless the broken road" does the sound nice?? I need opinions

Re: Processional

• I think it sounds a little odd to go from a traditional song to something more modern. But that's just me. We each only had one attendant, so they and I all walked into an acoustic guitar version of Canon in D.
  • I kind of agree with tpender13-plus keep in mind the walk down the aisle isn't as long as most brides think.  If you are really set on the song I would highly recommend an instrumental version as you want to ensure all eyes are on you and not on a vocalist.  Also, that allows you to shorten it as needed so you don't end up with an awkward cut-off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Daveydav1Daveydav1 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I think Cannon in D is the most overdone song in the history of man.  I would urge you to check out The Gold Company from Western Michigan University.  They have a song called "procressional" which is a cappella, unique and beautiful.  Or there's a company called Song As A Gift that does customized music that I like too.
    Good luck!
  • yes both of the songs are going to be instrumental! i think this is the hardest part of pannin a wedding is pickin out the songs. would you mind if i askd what songs you are using? In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_processional-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:1558bcbb-c0ac-47e3-b742-fe6820069f2cPost:2ccd6006-d99a-4c86-8c9b-1a6ec3cdc67b">Re: Processional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I kind of agree with tpender13-plus keep in mind the walk down the aisle isn't as long as most brides think.  If you are really set on the song I would highly recommend an instrumental version as you want to ensure all eyes are on you and not on a vocalist.  Also, that allows you to shorten it as needed so you don't end up with an awkward cut-off.
    Posted by kschaben[/QUOTE]
  • I love that idea! Mostly because my bridesmaids are walking in to Canon in D and I'm walking in to Somewhere Over the Rainbow (violin/piano instrumental version). It flows nicely if you're having theirs and your song as instrumentals
    159image 122image 37image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • THANK YOU!!! Im deff doin those 2 songs everyone loves it including my bridesmaids!In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_processional-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:1558bcbb-c0ac-47e3-b742-fe6820069f2cPost:f8766a4a-ae88-4e5c-be93-dde22fc75144">Re: Processional</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that idea! Mostly because my bridesmaids are walking in to Canon in D and I'm walking in to Somewhere Over the Rainbow (violin/piano instrumental version). It flows nicely if you're having theirs and your song as instrumentals
    Posted by smfitz12[/QUOTE]
  • We are mixing it up.  The girls are Pachelbel Cannon in D & I am walking down to Trumpet Voluntary.
    When the organist played the traditional Bridal March, I balled up & started to cry.  I said "oh no, if I am crying now, can you imagine how bad I will be on that day..."  So at least Tumpet Voluntary has more of a upbeat sound.  Both tunes are in the same key, so it blends very nicely.
  • We're having a string quartet, so instrumental as well, party is walking down to "lakme aria" and I"ll walk down to trumpet voluntary.  I LOVE the somewhere over the rainbow idea but that would absolutely make me burst into tears.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards