Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Dollar dance?

I know some cultures encourage it. I am not a part of any of these, just wondering if anyone is having one just to have one?

My mom is insistent for the money, I am completely against it because I don't like money grabbing. Opinions about the dollar dance?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dollar dance?

• edited September 2012
    I know a LOT of people will disagree with me here...but depending on your circle of friends and family, I think the dollar dance is fine. Among my family and friends, it's completely normal. We're going to do it.

If you want to follow formal etiquette...then don't do it. Or find a fun way to do it that doesn't involve money - like each person has to be willing to dance with you while everyone else watches in a circle around you or something...so you get the spotlight and one-on-one time with them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • It really depends on your guests.  My sister had a dollar dance at her wedding and everyone was great and really got into it.  They made a lot of money in the few minutes that they did it.  At my fiance's brother's wedding they also did it and it was a total bomb.  No one participated and some of his family complained because they thought it was greedy that they were asking for more money after people brought them a wedding gift.  I have always thought them to be fine, but if you haven't had a wedding in the family where it has been done, I would steer clear to avoid any negativity about it.  The reaction from my fiance's family last year is the only reason we aren't doing one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards