Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Using iPod for wedding

It's our second wedding and would like to avoid a DJ or a band. Instead, we're thinking about using an iPod with all of our favorite oldies. We also plan on buying a top quality system to use with the iPod. Any comments?

Re: Using iPod for wedding

• graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will do this, too. From what I've researched, using a laptop works better becasue it is easier to change/cycle through songs. Make sure to test it all out well before the big day! IMHO, $60+/hr is highway robbery for some dude to stand by a laptop and speak into a mic.
    Photobucket
  • zeistgirl79zeistgirl79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your input...I agree that nowadays it seems a little silly if you can do it yourself.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using an ipod. We're just putting all the songs in one play list, with a separate playlist for the special songs (e.g. first dance, father/daughter, mother/son dances). This way everything is super easy to get to and there will be no confusion. Hopefully everything goes smoothly :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions...good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I was just at a wedding where the DJ was using several IPods.  We too are considering not getting a DJ and just having a close friend who loves music be our DJ.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow...he's going to put himself out of business. Thanks for the information!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards