Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

step-father/daughter dance... help!!!

I need help finding a song to dance to with my step-dad (my dad passed away), because I want a song to show my appreciation for him, but not be all about specifically father/daughter love.  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Re: step-father/daughter dance... help!!!

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you asked your stepdad?  Maybe he has a favourite song that he would like to dance to.

I let my dad pick our F-D dance song and he picked "Let It Be" by the Beatles.  It has nothing to do with F-D love, it's just a nice song to dance to and one of his favourites.

Some other good general lovey/life songs are Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" and Israel K's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".
  • Options
    mrshellem2012mrshellem2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brad Paisley- The man he didnt have to be. (its country but a good sd/dd song)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image Future Mrs.Hellem
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am dancing with my step dad to "Never Alone" by Lady Antebellum - another great option is Louis Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is the song my Fiance is using for his Mother/son dance, but it could work for any parent dance
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9wKi1keg8g
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the Brad Paisley song -- but that truly depends on how long your sd has been in your life. Kenny Rogers' Through the Years would work too, but also Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion (from Up Close and Personal). Asking your sd is a great idea too -- he's probably been thinking about it since you got engaged and may be wondering if you want to include him in that way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Isn't She Lovely - Stevie Wonder

I have tons more suggestions on my blog http://allaroundraleighdj.blogspot.com/
    Eric www.AllAroundRaleighDJ.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards