Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father-Daughter Dance 9-1-1!

Help! My father and I can't agree on a song for our father-daughter dance. I really wanted to do something classic rock because it's the music I grew up with and it reminds me of home. I was thinking Landslide by Fleetwood Mac or Wild Horses by Rolling Stones. When I approached him with these options, he immediately shot down Wild Horses and said Landslide is a good option, but he prefers "I Loved Her First" by Heartland. You have NO idea how much this makes me cringe. I am a music nut and I absolutely HATE pop bubblegum music. Not to discredit pop music, I actually enjoy a lot of it. But the cheesy overplayed pop ballads like Butterfly Kisses make me want to gag. I honestly cringe at the thought of playing Heartland at my wedding but my dad is adamant about it. Should I suck it up and dance to Heartland for my dad's sake or should I try to convince him Landslide is the better choice? Also taking suggestions on other non-cheesy father-daughter songs. Any help is appreciated! 

Re: Father-Daughter Dance 9-1-1!

• Don't worry, those songs make us all cringe.  I tried to look back at songs that were at Father/Daughter dances or maybe a song I danced to in Ballet that he skipped a meeting to see.  I don't know if that's at all helpful, but it was a little more meaningful and personal rather than something everyone would know right off the bat as a typical father daughter song.  
  • Let your dad know how you feel about it; but at the end of the day if he is picturing that moment with that song I'd just give it to him.  I know my dad mentioned that song too, and I just gave other options so hopefully my dad gets the hint :) Keep brainstorming ideas, and you never know, he might hear something else that he likes better.

Anniversary
  • I HAVE A PROBLEM IN THAT SECTION ALSO ! MY DAD PASSED AWAY, SO I HAVE MY THREE BOYS WALKING ME DOWN THE AISLE. NOT SURE HOW WE WILL MANAGE THE WALK OR THE DANCE. ITS WHAT I WANT THOUGH ......
    THANK YOU, MRS. HEBERT ( TO BE )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards