Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Need some music advice

I am having a wedding with about 50-60 guests. We aren't really big "dancers" so I am having trouble planning the music. I do still want some music for the ceremony and our first dance but I don't want to dish out $500 for two songs. Any suggestions?

Re: Need some music advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you mean that you are only planning on playing two songs and don't want to get a DJ then?

When you say "we" aren't big dancers, you mean all of the guests or you and FI? Even if you two aren't big fans of it, if some of your guests do enjoy dancing, I would probably still have music.

If you want to do it on a budget, what about checking with the venue about their sound system and possibly just plugging one of your iPods into the speakers? You would have to (probably) pay someone to run it or at least set up a long playlist that would play continuously, and you would have to either go sans MC or have someone else at your wedding MC, but this is doable. This way you could also play some music you like, so even if you personally don't want to dance, you could still enjoy the music.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP.  If you don't want to pay for a DJ it is not uncommon to borrow (or rent) speakers from the venue or a local music store and hook up an iPod with a predetermined playlist.  You can use light music for cocktail hour and if you do decide you want dancing, you can have an appropriate mix of fast/slow dance music lined up. 

You don't even need to hire someone, you can just ask a close friend to push "play".  I know assigning "jobs" is not popular on TK but I wouldn't consider this a big task.  Groom could even do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards