Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Can this work?

My wedding is going to be traditional while also including parts of my fiances and my life into the theme and since I am almost half scottish, I would love, love to have bagpipes play during the ceremony. Would love to know what you guys think!?

Also for our first dance our song is "Are you going to kiss me or not" by Thompson Square. Just wanted to also get your opinion?

Thanks, new knottie

Re: Can this work?

• HaylaCHaylaC member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think having bagpipes in your ceremony would be lovely, very symbolic and very unique im sure people would really enjoy it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely.  The most common time I've seen bagpipes is at the end for the recessional to pipe-out the bride/groom, wedding party, etc.  But you could also use them for the processional.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes why not! It will be something that all you guests will remember, and you could even request that your and your fiances favourite song be played on them!

Good Luck! 

Jennie x
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a Scottish Wedding March designed for bagpipes.  One couple who did a traditional Scottish wedding used that as their entrance into the reception hall.   It was great!
  • edited December 2011
    They deffinately answered your bagpipes question and I agree
    Also, I love that song We have one picked out but I considered it
    As long as it relates to you guys, it will be great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards