Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

bridesmaid music!

I need help deciding on a song for my bridesmaids to walk down the isle to! My song will be I'll Be by Edwin McCain( someone singing and playing the guitar to). He hasn't decided on the groomen song but probably something along the lines of the Stones. So I need a non traditional 'maids song! Help please!Smile

Re: bridesmaid music!

• naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Depending on the length of your aisle you likely don't need separate songs for everyone.  Songs are usually 3-4 minutes long, and the aisle-walking will likely take < 1-2 minutes for each group of people (unless you have them do painfully slow synchronized stepping).

I would suggest either having one song for both the groomsmen and bridesmaids, or have the groomsmen go up earlier and then have one song for the bridesmaids followed by you (they can come at the start of I'll Be and then you come at a bit of a break in the song).

• tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP. Aren't the girls and guys walking in together?
  • edited December 2011
    No. Ive actually never been to a wedding where they walk in together. The guys come out together, then the girls come out one at a time.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regardless of how they walk up the aisle (there are lots of permutations and combinations that are possible), I maintain my position that a 3-4 minute song for each of: the groomsmen, the bridesmaids, and then you, is 9-12 minutes of just processing in.  That is a long time.  I think you should consider having multiple groups of people walk up during a single song, at reasonable breaks in the music or cutting the songs short.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having similar decision difficulties. My 4 maids are walking up the "aisle" solo. It is a very short walk, as we're gettin hitched in a snowy lodge in January. I think that means we have to share a song. I have listenend to so many songs, they are all running together, but here is the direction I am leaning now...

As the boys are entering/getting situated, etc. We play The Avett Brothers' January Wedding. The song is 4 min. so about halfway through, the ladies enter, and the deejay blends that song into a guitar instrumental of She's Got A Way. Then I enter and we fade the music as I reach the "alter... if that'll even work.

I have also liked Train's Marry Me and Ingrid Michaelson's The Way I Am (which by the way might work well for a short aisle). GOOD LUCK!!
    Jana
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards