Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First dance song... need advice

My fiance and I's song has been "My Best Friend" by Tim Mcgraw ever since we started dating and we'd always planned on it being our first dance song at our wedding (we've been dating for 5 months and are getting married next august). a few months after we started dating his brother met a woman and they got married and you'll never guess what song they used for their first dance... the used "my best friend". would it be rude or upset my FBIL and his wife if we still used that song. I mean we had planned on it way before the two of them even started dating...

Thank you! :)
Nichole

Re: First dance song... need advice

• I wouldn't worry about the first dance song now.  You have a year to change your mind.  Regardless, I don't think your ILs would be upset if you used the same some song.  They don't own the rights to the song and they certainly aren't the first couple to use it.  If you think they might get ticked, then I guess it doesn't hurt to ask them about it.

So, this couple got married after only a couple months? Am I reading this right?
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards