Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Father Daughter Dance

I am trying to find a good song for my dad and I to dance to and I am hoping someone can help.  There are so many good ones out there but none fit our relationship.  My dad and I have never been close and I feel fake standing up there with a song that talks about him caring about me or about the special bond between a father and daughter.  Any suggestions? 

Re: Father Daughter Dance

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My Wish - Rascal Flatts is a pretty regular go to song

Or you could choose a song that you both really like or perhaps he has some ideas. I would just sit down with him and pick a song. Don't stress over it too much.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of Unforgettable by Nat King Cole the duet version with his daughter Natalie Cole.
    My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tgude270tgude270 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Do you and I have the same dad?? :)  I feel the same about finding a song for the father/daughter dance that isn't too mushy that doesn't fit our relationship, but the song I'm leaning towards is just a classic one in My Girl by the Temptations.  I guess it fits since I'm my dad's only daughter.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my FI isn't close to his mom and had the same problem...he actually decided on the Israel Kamakawiwo'ole version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow." My father and I are dancing to "The Way You Look Tonight" by Tony Bennett. An older song that miht work is "I Hope You Dance" by Lee Ann Womack.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards