Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Recessional

I'm sure someone has posted this before... but I would really love to hear some of your suggestions for recessional songs... I'm looking for non-traditional, and really upbeat. I'm picturing a booming, happy song for when we walk back down the aisle together, and the one's I've been looking at are ok, but just don't strike me as right for me and my FI. I've been scouring the internet and looking at lists for a while now, so if you have any really original ideas I would be super excited to hear them... right now the songs we are looking at are "Lost in this Moment" or "You're my Best Friend" (Queen). I like them both and would be happy with either, but they aren't quite "booming" enough in my mind... maybe I'm crazy and the song I'm thinking of doesn't exsist! But please post away! The more suggestions the better... and you might help someone else out in the process... If you're looking for ideas I have a bunch I'll list that I've seen on other sites too :o)

Today is a Fairytale-Taylor Swift
Signed, Sealed, Delivered
Beautiful Day - U2
All you need is love - Beatles
When I'm 64- Beatles
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
I'm a Believer
Love Story - Taylor Swift
Walkin on Sunshine

196 Invited image
104 Ready to Rock! image
92 Party Poopers image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Recessional

• Options
    We are using "Waiting for This" by Hanson. I love Hanson and the song is happy and upbeat, and the title says it all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, I think I found it! Rascal Flatts, Waiting All My Life
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we used "Accidently in Love" by Counting Crows 
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Options
    We are doing "You Are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne...that was the first song we picked! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_recessional-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:5b4b9df0-8498-4cdf-9e46-fa02f6a329dbPost:8da74588-ef46-40ed-8dfd-5532c85f516e">Re: Recessional</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are doing "You Are the Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne...that was the first song we picked! :)
    Posted by haleyhedric[/QUOTE]

I love that song.  If I was doing recorded music that would absoultely be my choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards