Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Non Traditional Bridal Entrance

I want to walk down the aisle to something very unique and non-traditional.  I love Patsy Cline and have thought of using her version of "You Belong to Me."  Whatever song I decide on will be fairly short because the aisle isn't really that long, which is good because that song gets a little depressing after about the first verse.  I also like Rod Stewart's "Rhythm of My Heart." I want something along those lines...any thoughts or suggestions?  Something unique.  Thanks!

Re: Non Traditional Bridal Entrance

• Options
    Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    What style of song are you looking for?  Country ballad?  Romantic standard?  Something upbeat?

Here are a couple guesses, just taking stabs in the dark:

Sweet but not too traditional -
    "Dream A Little Dream" by Mama Cass  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_070zWcEuk

Upbeat and catchy -
    "Smile On" - The Anthems http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2CMVFbtOOs

Updated classic-
    "Can't Help Falling In Love" - The Eels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKnWS-ivlWw

Come back and tell us more about what you had in mind and we'll try to help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No particular style really.  Country ballads are great, but not the new country.  Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, along those lines.  Romantic standards are good too, any artist.  Nothing really trendy or too modern.  Hope that makes sense!  Thanks for the suggestions so far!
  • Options
    Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I love Dolly and Patsy too - but most of their love songs are so sad!

"To Make You Feel My Love" - Garth Brooks (my bridesmaids walked to this song)
    "Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong (Willie Nelson also does a nice version)
    "All You Need Is Love" - Beatles
    "Its Your Love" - Faith Hill & Tim McGraw
    "At Last" - Etta James

That's all I got - Good luck!
  • Options
    GaryJennisaGaryJennisa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marry Me by Train...it's perfect! And you can easily cut it down to be shorter by just playing one of the verses
  • Options
    dreams16dreams16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Adele's cover of The Cure's "Love Song". It is beautiful and unique. Check it out here: http://shrt.fm/eIycW2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking in to "History in the making" by darius rucker!  =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 99 Invited!
    image 45 Are Psyched!
    image 5 Are L0$3RZ
    image 49 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been going nuts trying to figure out a song to walk down the aisle to. I want something meaningful to me, but traditional sounding (no lyrics). Does anyone know where to find good instrumentals of songs? I have a few Dave Matthews Band songs in mind but I am open to other artists.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    look up the vitamin string quartet on itunes or youtube. they have a lot of modern songs and old classic songs done beautifully, with *obviously* no vocals. which makes just about any of them wedding appropiate.
    I'm walking down the aisle to "dont stop belevin'" by journey, done by the vitamin string quartet.
    journey is my favorite band, and the song, is my all time favorite, and holds a special meaning to me.
    plus, I plan to sing it mid reception. our dj is also the karaoke dj at the bar we always go to (but were not having karaoke at our reception)
  • Options
    lenzi13lenzi13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am walking down the isle to here comes my girl by tom petty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm walking down the aisle to an instrumental version of "Imagine," by John Lennon
    "I once held a live hummingbird in my hand. I once married a Bryn Mawr girl. To a large extent they are twin experiences" -E.B White
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im planning on walking to an instrumental version of Bittersweet Symphony by The Verve..it sounds so pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I walked in to really pretty instrumental version of "God Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards