Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

seriously chapped lips

My lips have been chapped for the past month. I thought they would heal themselves but not so much. I've used aquaphor for YEARS. So, I'm not sure where it went wrong. Anyway, I was going on faith they would heal by then end of the month. Well they didn't :(
My wedding is 3wks away (saying that is so surreal!!) and it's really starting to bother me. I keep putting on more and more aquaphor whenever it drys out but no luck. My lips are still chapped. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to heal them quickly? Help please!!!!

figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
image 9 Will be missing out!
image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
RSVP Date October 15th

Re: seriously chapped lips

• edited December 2011
    I swear by Blistex Medicated lip balm (it's the dark blue kind). Also, if you have wounds from dry lips, you could dab on a little neosporin before bed. That should help to heal the "cuts" faster.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's not cool at all, but I swear regular old Vaseline works the best for me. I can put on cute chapsticks all day long, but my lips are still dry. Including the "Intensive Healing" chapsticks and all that. Then I put Vaseline on once, and they're fine again.

I get the little tub (usually in the sample-sized section of Target and other stores) and it's only about $1.
  • edited December 2011
    I like Carmex!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_seriously-chapped-lips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5ae8f035-1168-4105-8446-3c3b632e426aPost:7210fcd0-9dbb-4e8a-bb3a-72eb277916ad">Re: seriously chapped lips</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like Carmex!
    Posted by TexanTreasure08[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

I find that if you coat your lips in the jelly kind (in the tube) right before you go to bed the next morning they are COMPLETELY repaired :)
  • btweety04btweety04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard this on Beauty Buzz about a week ago on 102.9. Victoria said if none of the products are working then the dead layer of skin isn't coming off, so you need to exfoliate your lips. She said they make lip exfoliators, but the best thing to do is take your washclothe and rub the dead skin off in the shower. She said to do that a couple times a week followed by using the lip balms and such.  HTH
  • angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Drink more water.  Seriously.  That really affects my lips, bigtime.  If it's serious (ie, painful), you might see your dermatologist about it... I had to do that, and she gave me a sample of this stuff called Locoid Lypocream.  It's steroid-based, so you can't use it very often or it will stop working.  I'll use it before bed for a couple of days in a row when mine get really bad and the OTC stuff isn't cutting it, and usually just one or two applications fixes me up for several weeks, or longer.  It's a white cream, but you just use a tiny dab and it blends in, no weird taste or smell.  I think they also prescribe it for other skin conditions... my sister in law got some for something totally different, but I can't remember what it was... Good luck!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_seriously-chapped-lips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:5ae8f035-1168-4105-8446-3c3b632e426aPost:b3b81156-6c75-407c-9518-f0f513e43b73">Re: seriously chapped lips</a>:
    [QUOTE] they make lip exfoliators, but the best thing to do is take your washclothe and rub the dead skin off in the shower. She said to do that a couple times a week followed by using the lip balms and such.  HTH
    Posted by btweety04[/QUOTE]

you can also make your own lip scrub by mixing olive oil and sugar. rub it around gently and then let it sit on your lips until the sugar dissolves. just be careful that you don't rub (with this or the washcloth) TOO hard. be gentle on your lips!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's a great one by Clinique and another by Neosporin.  Both healed my lips very quickly.
  • edited December 2011
    Mary Kay makes a 2 step one that is called Satin Lips I love it.
    My Bio(Updated 4/29/2011) Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • jenngbjenngb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I sell BeautiControl products and I really like the regular lip balm. Go to my page and you can research the Lip Balm and Lip Apeel. http://www.beautipage.com/jennmorales/ You may want to try the Lip Apeel. I may possibly even have one in stock!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards