July 2012 Weddings

I'm new!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Nikki and I'm so excited to find this board! I'm technically not engaged yet, but my FFI and I just won the Simon G. Jewelry/ The Knot "Perfect Proposal" contest, so once we get the ring we won, he'll be proposing soon. We're sooo excited and we just picked the date July 29, 2012 because we're unsure about his schooling situation and he might need more time to complete his education than planned.

We want our wedding here in North Carolina where we met at school, but because I'll be moving to New York this summer, I'm trying to plan the majority of our destination between january and june 2011.

I'm so excited to connect with other women who are planning far in advance like I am. Why'd you guys pick your dates?

P.S. here's my blog about the competition which I'm trying to transition into our wedding planning blog. http://addisonandnikki.wordpress.com/

Re: I'm new!

• Congrats on winning the contest!!!  I bet you're very excited!!  I would be too!   and just so you know, I voted for you two like 4 times...haha!!

FI and I are still debating between July 6th and July 14th!  We kind of want to tie the knot on the 4th!  We chose the month of July because we'd be able to get time off work, and it will be easier to travel for a family and friends who live out of the state!

FI and I moved to FL 6 months ago but we're getting married back in MI where we're from.
  • Hi BirdyBride-

I'm new to this forum, too! My date is 7.1.12.  we picked 7.1. because that has always been our anniversary (we;ve been together for 6 years) and we picked 2012 simply to save some money in the meantime :)

congrats on winning the contest, i had actually never heard of it and I'd love to know more!
  • Hi! Congrats on winning the contest! How exciting for you! We picked 7-7-2012 because we wanted to save money and because I wanted to wait until after my son graduates from high school that same year. I didn't want June because of graduation parties and we originally picked May but our church was not able to accodomate us on May 5.

So I'm looking forward to hearing about when you get engaged and your future planning. I'm an earlybird at planning and to me a year and a half doesn't seem that long to me! How about you? Does it seem like forever or not so far away?
  • Hey Girls! Thanks for such a warm welcome!

littlemoments324--  wow! thank you so much for voting! I understand the whole moving around thing. I'm from FL and he's beachside NC, but we want to get married in the mountains where we met.

Dayn070104 -- Aw, I love your date idea! Having it on your anniversary is perfect! The competition was basically two months worth of only voting/ campaigning. THe first round had over 500 couples voting and then the top 3 moved the the second round which was still voting, just starting over. It was crazy, and apparently Simon G. plans on making it an annual thing it sounds like!

ancieface -- I'm an early bird planner too. It sort of feels far away for me, but I think its because I'm antsy to marry him now and I was hoping to marry him before I moved to NY. (our parents are very conservative so if he were to come at all, he'd have to get his own apartment if we were unmmarried). But now he may not be able to come at all so oh well. I know that it'll come by sooner than we know it! But hey, at least his mom likes the date, right?

Nice meeting you all! It's great knowing others are planning for this month and year :-)
  • Hello & Welcome to July 2012!

My FI and I chose July 28 2012 becuase we will both be done with school (keeping our fingers crossed!) and so our family from out of state will be able to come - it's easier to get off of work and not worry about school for those of our family who are still in HS :)

How exciting that you won a contest!! :) Congrats!
  • Welcome!!  I am getting married July 20, 2012 we decided to have a longer engagement to have more time to save up money.  We have our venue booked we are now looking to book our photographer and DJ.  I hope to have them booked by February.  I am going dress shopping for the first time this saturday coming up.  I am a huge planner I like to plan as much as I can so I am sure most of our stuff will be booked by this spring. 

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards