Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Despise Cannon, need other options for WP...

Hey, first time posting here. I am normally on the June 2012 board.
Getting married on June 26, 2012. Quickly approaching.
In any case, my plan is to walk down the aisle to a slower paced version of Rondeau by Mouret played by a cello and a violin (the duet we hired.)
I am completely against Cannon in D. I cannot stand that song, I played it in marching band and it makes me sick to remember that. It's just overplayed and I don't like it. //end rant//
In any case, I cannot for the life of me decide on a song for the processional leading up to my entrance (seating of mothers, GM's, BM's, etc.)

I was thinking of Air in G (Bach) but I am not really sure.
What is your WP walking to? Thoughts on Air in G?

TIA!

First Look
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Despise Cannon, need other options for WP...

• Options
    Air is absolutely beautiful and very classy but also somewhat overplayed. (I also sing at a ton of weddings so it may not seem overplayed to others)  My party is walking to the lakme aria which would be lovely for those two instruments.  See if they have it in their rep (voicing for those two may be more difficult to find) If so, check it out, it's beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm using Air in G myself -- I don't think I've actually heard it used before, or if I have, not in a while.  I totally put my foot down on Cannon in D, 'cause I'm pretty sure it's been used at every damn wedding I've been to -- so overdone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you want something that sounds traditional (but most people haven't heard a lot), try Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring or Sheep May Safely Graze. Both sound good with violin and cello and they're long enough to accommodate a wedding party. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards