Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Music while guests are being seated?

I have a mixture of my parents' guests and my guests.  So the age is all over.  We have no idea what to play while guests are being seated.

My parents told me their favorite is Yanni and romantic French music from the 1960s and 1970s.  If anyone cares to listen, here's a link to their favorite French song in the era I'm refering to.  This one's called "Oh Mon Amour" by Christophe:

I wasn't sure if this is appropriate because it is so different from mainstream music these days.  You won't hear any of this on the radio.

What's your take?
Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Music while guests are being seated?

• asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a fun mix of old rock and newer softer songs. Play what you want to- make it personalized. 
    Anniversary
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We aren't playing radio music while people come in, since we are having a church ceremony.  It will be classical/traditional stuff - Air in G String, Laudate Dominum, Handel's Water Music, etc. 

I would probably play a mix of what your parents want and what you/your FI want - you won't be there to hear it anyways so it's probably nice to include some of your parents' music choices!
  • edited December 2011
    If you want something light and classical, I highly suggest Brahms Op 118 No 2.  So romantic!  Or his Intermezzo in E.
  • edited December 2011
    You might be able to cover both by checking out the Vitamin String Quartet. The older folks might enjoy it for its classical appearance and no words while the younger people might say, "Hey, isn't this the Red Hot Chili Peppers?" They cover so many different artists and with about 370 albums you are bound to find something you like.
  • jnpfautzjnpfautz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely second the Vitamin String Quartet - that's what I'm doing at my ceremony.  It's pretty entertaining to see just how many songs they have covered and so many to choose from.  That would be a great way to go to suit everybody.
  • clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, I forgot to indicate that this is for the reception.  Do these suggestions work for a reception, too?
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a fun mix of wedding-themed songs like "(Going to the) Chapel of Love", "Why Wait" by Rascal Flatts, and "Take Me Down (to the little white church)" by Little Big Town. We want to set a fun tone for the evening.
  • edited December 2011
    Although it's a bit more "traditional", you won't offend anyone with classical music..

Check out http://maestromusicians.com/blog/blogweb/index.php?/categories/1-Christian-Wedding-Music for some ideas

Daniel Broniatowski, D.M.A.
    www.maestromusicians.com
    Elegant Music for All Occasions
  • Laureneliz31Laureneliz31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the reception, I'd like to play classic Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, etc. during the cocktail hour and dinner. After dinner, we'll change it up with some more upbeat, dancing music. Not that you can't dance to the classics :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards