Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

How to find Indie or Alternative DJs?

Hi there!

Has anyone had any luck finding Indie or Alternative DJs outside of major cities?

I am getting married in the fall of 2013 and I'm looking for a DJ. I'd like someone with a large catalog of both indie music and dance music who is willing to sit back and be a bit more subdued than the stereotypical wedding DJ, but am trouble finding anyone local who fits this bill, and we probably don't have the budget to bring someone in from the nearest major city (NYC).

Any suggestions? Or any thoughts on how to find one? I was thinking of actually e-mailing college radio stations in the area and asking if anyone wanted to do it, but I would prefer someone who was experienced with going to many venues and setting up sound equipment there. An iPod wedding is also a consideration, but we have a large guest list and would prefer someone who could direct guests through a microphone occasionally.

For reference, these guys look great but are based in Philly and booked on the day in question: http://www.hisocietyproductions.com/Hi-Society_Productions/Main.html

Thank you!

Re: How to find Indie or Alternative DJs?

• Options
    You should also post on your local wedding board, see the links to the left.

Maybe try Gigmasters.com?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I have had not much luck on local boards...thinking of asking more generally what search terms people have used or what methods they've used for finding them. Thanks for the Gigmasters tip--I'll look into it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards