Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Help! Father-daughter song dilemma!

My dad isn't a very affectionate guy so I don't want anything super sappy as our song.  I was hoping to find something we both liked and something that he would have listened to in his early 20s (early 70s).  He liked Hendrix, Moody Blues, and 3 Dog Night.  I think I've listened to every one of their songs and didn't find anything that seemed right.  I guess I'm look for something early 70s rock that's sentimental but not sappy.  FH and I thought we hit the nail on the head with Blackbird by The Beatles but it turns out he wasn't a big fan. :(  Any thoughts?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Father-daughter song dilemma!

• Options
    My father is a Moody Blues nut himself so I'm very familiar with their music.  Nights in White Satin is always a good choice, but if you don't like that one, try Emily's Song from Every Good Boy Deserves Favour, it's a good sentimental song, but it wasn't mainstream so it might be better.  If he doesn't like that one either, try something like Dawn Is a Feeling or Minstrel's Song.  Let me know if you need more ideas!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_help-father-daughter-song-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:814cf88f-6121-4907-812c-8977b0c7d876Post:0a160097-2894-458f-ad96-7e82d7d4c1ea">Re: Help! Father-daughter song dilemma!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why not ask him to pick it?
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll youtube them right now!  I did ask what he wanted but he said whatever I wanted of course!  :S
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've usehd Little Miss Magic by Jimmy Buffett

Http://djjackbarros.com
  • Options
    my apologies as a vendor I am not supposed to post. Please ignore me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards