Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Will This Sound Funny?

For our bridal party processional, we are using the Vitamin String Quartet version of "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton.  For my walk down the aisle, we want to use an instrumental version of "In My Life" by the Beatles.  However, we can't find a string quartet version to download.  We found a guitar version that we really like.

Will it sound strange to have a string quartet version of a song and then a guitar version of a song or will it flow alright?

Re: Will This Sound Funny?

• Options
    jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I think it will sound fine!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I think it should be fine. The guitar is considered a classical string instrument, and if it's a solo of just the guitar, I think it will sound great. Is there a clip on YouTube of both songs?
  • Options
    Most of our wedding music is going to be Vitamin String Quartet - they're awesome, they cover a little bit of everything. .
    Just my two cents! Penny L G M
  • Options
    We're using Vitamin String Quartet for most of our music, but FBIL is going to play a song on guitar for me to walk down the aisle to. 
    255313_3528328290997_1532703995_n
    We say, "I do" on July 12, 2014.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
  • Options

I think it will sound fine! Both of those songs will be played at my wedding.. Wonderful Tonight is my parents' wedding song, and In My Life is what I will dance to with my dad. Good choices!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I played the songs together and I really like how they flow.  Music is one of the things I'm most excited about for the wedding so I want it to sound great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards