Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Ceremony Music

Hello Knottie Friends!
Quick questions...
Are you having live music for your ceremony or recorded music from the DJ? Also, what songs are you using for processional and recessional?
Thanks so much! 

Re: Ceremony Music

• edited December 2011
    We're having live music using a piano, organ, and a string quartet.

For WP processional, we're doing "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach

For my processional, I'm doing Pachelbel's "Canon in D"

For the recessional, we're doing "Wedding March" by Mendolssohn

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    We will have our music on a CD that my brother is going to be in charge of (he offered!)..our church is new and has a great sound system!

Bridemaid and Bride processional: Canon in D

Recessional: Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having an outdoors wedding, so our DJ is preparing all of our songs, and the background music for my singers.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still trying to decide between a live musician and a DJ or CD for the ceremony.

We want to have our music be acoustic guitar versions of popular songs that we like (ranging from older ones like Stand By Me and Can't Help Falling in Love to "newer" ones like Time After Time). I think for that mix of music, we'll probably need to just have recorded music. I'm scared to just use a CD, though, since that means one of  my family or friends will have to be responsible for playing the right song at the right time. I think I'd rather make a DJ be responsible for that. Plus, the ceremony will be outside, so we'll need to set up some sound equipment, and a DJ will be much better at that than we will.

So there you go - I think I just talked myself into using a DJ for the ceremony. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards