Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

music choice ideas, tell me what you think!

I apologize in advance for the length of this...

Okay, I know usually there is a different song for the bridesmaids, etc., to walk down the aisle to than the one used for the bride, BUT, I keep having this really wonderful vision in my head of using "Wild Horses," the version by The Sundays, for my bridesmaids and for myself. If any of you have heard it, then you may remember that when the chorus is sung for the last time it's much more "powerful" than in the rest of the song. IF it could be timed right (the song is only about 4 minutes long and the last chorus starts about 3 minutes in) with my bridesmaids (I only have 2 bridesmaids + my maid of honor) walking down to the first few minutes of the song, I think it would be really neat if I came out at the last chorus and walked down the aisle for the rest of the song. But, I have no idea if it could be timed right or not.

Anyway, for when they announce us after the ceremony I was thinking of the musical intro to "Bittersweet Symphony," and for our first dance I was thinking either "Open Arms" by Journey or "Fade Into You" by Mazzy Star, and if you've ever heard it, you know it's a beautiful song.

Oh and when it comes time for the garter toss, I really think the only appropriate song is "Legs" by ZZ Top. Haha.

Any opinions are welcome, and if you walked/plan to walk down the aisle to a "non-traditional" song, I'd love to know what it was/will be!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: music choice ideas, tell me what you think!

• Options
    edited December 2011

The music isone of the best ways that you can really express yourselves.  I think if your choices reflect who you and your FI are, then that's great!!!

I personally like having a different song for the bride's entrance... When the bridesmaid's song fades away and something new queues up, that's a definite sign to your guests that the bride is on her way.

Here are our songs so far:

Brides Entrance: Nothing Else Matters by Apocalyptica
    Recessional: Life Less Ordinary by Carbon Leaf

Reception Entrance: Going the Distance from the Rocky Soundtrack
    First Dance: Something Stupid by Frank and Nancy Sinatra*
    Father/Daughter: Tennessee Waltz by an artist I have yet to choose
    Mother/Sun Dance: That's up to MOG and I'm frightened. 

Bouquet Toss: All the Single Ladies
    Garter Toss: Theme from Indiana Jones

*look up the lyrics, It's cuter than it sounds

murrayed
  • Options
    cukimerrydollcukimerrydoll member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with nhelene!  The music has been huge so far!  There are some that are obvious choices for us, but there are others that are a real thinker!
    Here are our "special reception songs" so far:

Entrances:
    Wedding Party Entrance: "Golden Girls Theme" (I watch it regularly with my BMs - FH has watched with me too.  LOVE IT!)
    B&G Entrance: "Accidentally in Love" - Counting Crows

Cake Cutting:
    "Pure Love" - Colin Hay (nominee)
    "Stir It Up" - Bob Marley (nominee)
    "The Way You Look Tonight" - Michael Buble (nominee)
    "Smooth" - Santana featuring Rob Thomas (nominee)
    "Diner" - Martin Sexton (nominee)

Spotlight Dances:
    First Dance: "Stolen" - Dashboard Confessional
    Father/Daughter Dance: "Savannah Fare You Well" - Jimmy Buffett (nominee)
    "Changing Channels" - Jimmy Buffett (nominee)
    "You Dance" - EastMountianSouth (nominee)
    "Miracle" - Foo Fighters (nominee)
    "Daugther" - Loudon Wainright III (nominee)
    Mother/Son Dance: TBD - possibly in conjunction with Father/Daughter dance, likely to be "You Dance" - EastMountianSouth

Tosses:
    Bouquet Toss: "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" - Beyonce
    Garter Toss: "Poison" - Bel Biv DeVoe

Last Song:
    "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards